Monday 6 July 2020

Lockdown Quilting - Yoshi Pixel Art Quilt and How to make a Friendship Star Sashing

I have now been shielding since the first week of March 2020 - it is now the end of the first week in July.  Phew! However since I am something of an introvert this has not been as traumatic for me as it has for some I am sure.  The thing I have been concentrating on is completing the list of quilting/sewing tasks I have on my to-do list.  This increased by one when my other half saw a pixel art quilt (Mario in this case) and suggested that I make a Yoshi themed one for A.  The top is now completed, although the quilting is only half done.  If you want to see the journey here is a summary video.


Following this I intend to finish a UFO which I started (I think) just before A was diagnosed with Global Development Delay when he was about 3 - some 13 years ago.  The final appliqued quilt will be using a friendship star sashing pattern.  The tutorial on how to do a friendship star sashing can be found here...



No comments:

Post a Comment